The Okicīyapi Partnership with the Saskatoon Tribal Council and the Central Urban Métis Federation Inc. is working towards:
- Improved learning outcomes and well-being for First Nations and Métis students;
- Smooth transitions for students throughout the education system;
- A representative workforce;
- Developing culturally responsive and inclusive learning environments and curricula, with an emphasis on the cultural teachings and practices of the Dakota, Cree, Nakawé and Métis peoples;
- Committing to teaching Treaty Essential Learnings which honour the spirit and intent of treaties;
- Enhancing and maintaining the Nêhiyâwiwin Cree Language and Culture Program; and
- Developing and implementing anti-racist practices and policies.
More information on the Okicīyapi Partnership can be found here.