The First Nations, Inuit and Métis Education Unit provides support to our staff, students and parents in five key areas:
- Inclusion of First Nations, Inuit and Métis content into all curricula at all grade levels;
- Cultural awareness training to promote positive cross-cultural understandings;
- Encouragement of authentic community engagement from the Aboriginal community;
- Fostering of partnerships with Aboriginal organizations to support the holistic education of our students;
- Support for students as they transition from home to school, rural to urban, elementary to secondary and secondary to work or further education.
The First Nations, Inuit and Métis Education ACTION Plan 2012-2015 can be found here.