As leaders, we ensure improved student learning and achievement by:
1. building an open system where information and feedback flow easily among students, parents, colleagues, and community;
2. planning for clear, purposeful, and timely communication that considers key content, context, and audience;
3. providing and receiving information using situationally appropriate forms of communication;
4. engaging in courageous conversations by inviting others’ points of view, and by listening and responding in ways that encourage growth;
5. asking questions to promote reflection, ownership, and shared understanding; and
6. interacting confidently with members of the school community and external stakeholders.