Under most circumstances, parents are responsible for transporting their children to and from school. However, students may be eligible for free transportation in the following circumstances:
- if a student resides more than .805 kilometres from their neighbourhood elementary school where either: suitable Saskatoon Transit routes exist; or significant enrolment concerns have been identified. Beginning in September 2017, where applicable, the walking distance to be eligible for busing will increase to 1.2 km from the current 0.8 km
- if a student has a designated disability and requires assistance getting to their neighbourhood school
- if a student must leave their neighbourhood school in order to enroll in French Immersion at another public elementary school. This is applicable for the designated French Immersion school for their home neighbourhood
- if a student must leave their neighbourhood school in order to enroll in the Nêhiyâwiwin Cree Culture and Language Program at Confederation Park School.
Elementary school students residing in the following neighbourhoods without schools receive transportation to the following schools during the 2016-17 school year. Students who live in the Evergreen, Hampton Village, Rosewood and Stonebridge neighbourhoods will be able to attend the new schools in those neighbourhoods when they open in September 2017. Transportation of students to schools outside of the Evergreen, Hampton Village, Rosewood and Stonebridge neighbourhoods will not be provided after June 29, 2017, unless students are enrolled in French Immersion or Nêhiyâwiwin Cree Culture and Language programs.
- Arbor Creek to Dr. John G. Egnatoff School
- Aspen Ridge to Sylvia Fedoruk School
- Briarwood to Lakeridge or Wildwood schools
- Brighton to Dr. John G. Egnatoff School
- City Park to North Park Wilson School
- Downtown Area Daycares to North Park Wilson School
- Dutch Growers Subdivision to Sutherland Schoo
- Exhibition to Buena Vista School
- Haultain to Holliston School (for those children living in the part of the Haultain neighbourhood that is part of the Holliston catchment area)
- Hudson Bay Park to Mayfair School
- Kensington to Lester B. Pearson School or Ernest Lindner School
- Lakewood Suburban Centre to Lakeridge School or Colette Bourgonje School
- Richmond Heights to North Park Wilson School
- The Willows to Chief Whitecap School
Information and neighbourhood transportation zones for elementary French Immersion schools is available here.
High school students are encouraged to use Saskatoon Transit.
For more information about severe weather and transportation, please visit our severe weather page.