Under most circumstances, parents are responsible for transporting their children to and from school. However, students may be eligible for free transportation in the following circumstances:
- if a student resides more than .805 kilometres from their neighbourhood elementary school where either: suitable Saskatoon Transit routes exist; or significant enrolment concerns have been identified.
- if a student has a designated disability and requires assistance getting to their neighbourhood school
- if a student must leave their neighbourhood school in order to enroll in French Immersion at another public elementary school. This is applicable for the designated French Immersion school for their home neighbourhood
- if a student must leave their neighbourhood school in order to enroll in the Nêhiyâwiwin Cree Culture and Language Program at Confederation Park School.
Elementary school students residing in the following neighbourhoods without schools receive transportation to the following schools:
- Arbor Creek to Dr. John G. Egnatoff School
- Aspen Ridge to Dr. John G. Egnatoff, Silverspring or Willowgrove schools
- Briarwood to Lakeridge or Wildwood schools
- Brighton to Dr. John G. Egnatoff School
- City Park to North Park Wilson School
- Downtown Area Daycares to North Park Wilson School
- Dutch Growers Subdivision to Sutherland School
- Evergreen to Dr. John G. Egnatoff, Silverspring or Willowgrove schools
- Exhibition to Buena Vista School
- Hampton Village to Caroline Robins or Dundonald schools
- Haultain to Holliston School (for those children living in the part of the Haultain neighbourhood that is not part of an elementary school's catchment area).
- Henry Kelsey to Mayfair School
- Kensington to Lester B. Pearson School
- Lakewood Suburban Centre to Lakeridge School
- Richmond Heights to North Park Wilson School
- Rosewood to Lakeridge and Wildwood schools
- Stonebridge to École Alvin Buckwold, Hugh Cairns V.C., John Lake or Prince Philip schools
- The Willows to John Lake School
High school students are encouraged to use Saskatoon Transit.
For more information about severe weather and transportation, please visit our severe weather page.