“We inspire learning to
encourage 21st century problem solvers and
Prince Philip School welcomes families and students from the South Nutana and Stonebridge communities. We invite you to come and meet our Administrative team and take a tour of the school we are so proud of!Prince Philip offers:
- Strong academic outcomes for all students. Prince Philip’s Provincial and Division data support this. Staff is committed to being life long learners and continued professional development.
- Staff that teach to a child’s strengths, and emotional and behavioral disposition.
- Administration and staff committed to working with parents and community (we know that a parent’s attitude about schooling has a direct impact on student achievement!)
- Strong School Community Council involvement. There are also numerous opportunities to volunteer and be involved in your child’s academic career.
- Variety of extra curricular activities to stretch your child and allow them to better understand what they like, how to work with others, understand their learning style and aid them in finding lifelong interests/passions.
- Examples: Spirit days, SLC, SEVEC exchange, Musicals, Earth Club, Basketball, Volleyball, Track, Cross Country, Choir – to name a few!
- Tech Buddy/Care partners – integration of technology begins in the primary years! Middle Years students practice empathy, communication skills and come to understand the power of being a role model.
- Focus on the integration of technology to aid students with showing new ways of what they know and how to be critical, reflective thinkers that can interact with a diverse population of workers in the 21st century
- Locally developed options include: French, Band and Music
- Pro-active approach to graduate citizens that are community minded, caring and empathetic. We explicitly model and teach values on a monthly basis.
- Integration of Digital Citizenship into curricular outcomes ~ resulting in students who understand; e-commerce, how to protect themselves on the internet, how to be proud of what they post on social media sites, how to connect with others around the world and learn/work with them and how to critically think about whether information that is presented is accurate or not.
- Home to Junior and Intermediate Saskatoon Public Autism programs (Referral based)
- Wide range of Student Support Services
- Golden Rule Before and After School Program, Kindercare and Preschool
Prince Philip is a safe, caring place where your child will be confident to take risks and reach their full potential. We look forward to meeting you!