Queen Elizabeth School provides families with the benefits of a small school while living in the best city in Western Canada! Our small school offers the benefits of being able to connect with all students in a deep, meaningful way. This translates into a strong sense of engagement with our staff and students, and there is no better place to learn than in a school that provides a family atmosphere. We build strong relationships with our students that model healthy lifestyles. This includes a grassroots program called "Fresh Fruit Fridays" - a day when a local business donates seasonal fruits and vegetables to our school. Every Friday, students are given fresh fruit to eat; the remainder is composted. What a great way to model healthy living!
Queen Elizabeth School is committed to providing a safe and caring environment that meets the needs of all students. We pride ourselves on a rigorous academic program with a focus on Literacy and Mathematics.
Our school is rich in cultural diversity; we have a partnership with the Saskatoon Open Door Society connecting our students with adult role models who celebrate learning. What a powerful message this sends to students when they watch people who are new to Canada "go to school" to learn English! This new partnership brings the world to the staff and students at Queen Elizabeth School. And, as this relationship evolves, we are able to tap into the academic and artistic expertise of these newcomers in our classrooms.
Our innovative spirit is contagious! After one of our classes visited Saskatoon's Mendel Art Gallery, our school struck a unique partnership with some artists to use artistic activities to enrich the lives of residents at Saskatoon's Sherbrooke Community Centre. This exciting partnership was later featured on a variety of Canadian television newscasts. Our school's relationship with Sherbrooke has since expanded to include a "Care Partner" activity between our Kindergarten class, Grade 5/6 class, and Sherbrooke residents to create works of art with the assistance of a special wheel chair that allows residents to paint. Exceptional community-oriented learning opportunities such as this will positively impact our students for a lifetime.
We welcome the opportunity to meet with you to further discuss and showcase our wonderful school. We truly are a great place to grow and learn.
Queen Elizabeth School is proud to INSPIRE LEARNING!
We have an amazing number of program advantages at our school. Our educational program advantages include:
- Before and after school care program.
- Subsidized and licensed day care on site.
- Growing preschool program.
- Supervised lunchroom and care partners program.
- Strong literacy focus with our Literacy for Life initiative.
- Math education program including strong use of math manipulatives and PRIME assessment materials.
- Technology literacy and innovative learning software used in our classrooms and our resource program.
- Intensive staff development in research-based instruction and assessment.
- Shared cultural experiences and a culture fair.
- A focus on the integration of First Nations treaty literacy.
- Regular physical education instruction for all students in kindergarten to grade 8; games and activities that promote a healthy learning environment; and an out-of-school education program that takes advantage of learning opportunities in the community.
- Regular assemblies with all kindergarten to grade 8 students.
- English as an Additional Language teacher, teacher librarian, library technician, resource teacher, and educational assistants in every classroom.
- Arts education specialist; arts integration with other subject areas; brand program for grades 6 to 8.
- School counsellor, speech language pathologist, educational psychiatrist, and community health nurse.
Other enrichments and strengths at Queen Elizabeth School include:
- Athletics - basketball, volleyball, indoor and outdoor track and cross-country.
- Choir, student leadership council, outdoor education with camping and field trips
- Indoor recess activities on indoor days, spirit days and hot lunches
- Enhanced creative playground, large school grounds with an outdoor rink, large, well-equipped gym and stage area.
- A strongly supportive School Community Council and Community Association.
- Mobile wireless laptop computers.