At Saskatoon Public Schools, the safety of students and staff members is the first priority. With confirmation of the first case of COVID-19 (coronavirus) in Saskatchewan, the school division will be adapting practices to focus on preventing spread of the illness.
The following temporary operational changes will be effective immediately in all our schools and division facilities:
- Cancellation of field trips;
- Cancellation of guest speakers external presentations, and tours;
- Cancellation of large gatherings (such as pep rallies and assemblies); and,
- Cancellation of unique programs open house/information nights.
Procedures for parent-teacher conferences are under review.
As always, if your child is sick, please keep your child home from school. If a parent or caregiver is experiencing any symptoms, please do not come to the school. Make separate arrangements for drop off/pick up at school.
- Practice proper coughing and sneezing etiquette (into the bend of your elbow);
- Wash your hands often with soap and water; if soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands;
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick;
- Avoid hugging, kissing, shaking hands and high-fiving; and,
- Don't share water bottles, band instruments, eating utensils, personal electronic devices, ear pods, or food.
Individuals who may have concerns about their health can call the provincial HealthLine at 811 for advice and support. Information and updates regarding COVID-19 are available on www.saskatchewan.ca/coronavirus
We will keep families updated on any further changes to our school operations. Please contact your school if you have questions.