Saskatoon Public Schools is working through the summer on a plan to support the safety and well-being of students, staff members, and families when schools reopen on September 1. We appreciate that families are waiting in anticipation for more detailed information regarding school start up.
All our decision making for the reopening plan is aligned with the following goals:
- Protect the health and well-being of students, staff members, and families.
- Quality educational opportunities and instruction are provided for all students, whether in class or at home.
- Community engagement and connections are maintained and strengthened with students and families.
A detailed plan is being finalized and will be shared with families in the coming weeks. The plan will follow the guidelines set out by the Government of Saskatchewan in its Primary and Secondary Educational Instructional Guidelines and will address several instructional and operational areas, including:
- Online learning plans;
- Student and staff illness;
- Student transportation;
- Class scheduling;
- Pick up and drop off expectations and procedures;
- Support for special education students; and,
- Facility considerations.
Some families may be reluctant to have their children attend face-to-face instruction at this time, and the school division is currently developing online learning options to best support these students and families.
The Saskatoon Public Schools Fall 2020 School Reopening Plan also includes provisions for contingency planning so that the school division can continue to adapt and evolve school operations according to the direction of the Chief Medical Health Officer, the provincial Response Planning Team and the ministries of Health and Education.
Stay up to date by checking our website, Facebook and Twitter for the latest information.