Skip to main content
Saskatoon Public Schools
Inspiring Learning
Registration at the Newcomer Student Centre

Please make an appointment for your family if your child is not a Canadian citizen or if your child speaks English as an additional language. Call 306-683-8400 or email for an appointment.

What can you expect at your appointment?
  • We will check that your child is eligible to study by looking at your immigration documents
  • We will help you fill out the school registration forms
  • We will tell you about our schools and our programming
  • If your family speaks another language other than English, staff at the Newcomer Student Centre will assess your child's level of English.

What documents do you need to bring to the appointment?

  • Proof of residence in the City of Saskatoon. For example, a rental or lease agreement / recent purchase agreement, OR a current utility/phone/cable bill
  • Your child's immigration document
  • Proof of immigration status in Canada for parents
    • Confirmation of permanent residence (landing papers) OR
    • permanent resident card OR
    • parent's work or study permit and passport
      • confirmation of enrollment in post-secondary program if parent is on a study permit