OPEN HOUSE February 26th, 2020 @ 7pm at City Park School
The FLEX -- Flexible Schedule, Blended Learning -- Program is designed for students in Grade 7 to Grade 12 who wish to combine their education with pursuits that are often found outside school offerings.
Students with skills in areas of fine arts and athletics often have opportunities to pursue training at a higher or more rigorous level, but many times the best opportunity to develop those skills may be during regular school hours.
The FLEX Program allows students to pursue skill development outside of traditional school offerings. Students receive face-to-face as well as online learning instruction and the expectation and success of the learning program is a quality education in a flexible learning environment.
- Enrolment for students in grade 7 -12;
- Program-dedicated teachers;
- Flexible school-day schedule to meet individual needs;
- A blend of face-to-face instruction and guidance as well as online learning opportunities;
- Segments of the grade-related curricular outcomes may be developed through online offerings for students. This is supported by teachers at school as well as working with parents to ensure learning outcomes are met;
- Grade 10, 11, and 12 programming offered through a partnership with the Online Learning Centre in some courses;
- A blended learning opportunity that allows flexibility for the student as well as support by the teacher involved during the school day;
- Students entering this program must meet the criteria of significant hours and involvement in a specific skill training opportunity (fine arts or athletics) that is held outside of the school;
- The cost involved for a student joining an outside organization and transportation to or from school is entirely the responsibility of the parent/family/organization; and
- Communication between school/student and parent as well as the outside organization will be critical for everyone’s success.
**Students must be enrolled in a program that requires a flexible schedule. If students discontinue their activity after registration, a transition to another school would occur in collaboration with families and within a reasonable time frame.
To register your student for the FLEX Program for the 2019/20 school year, please complete this registration form.
CityPark-FLEX Registration Form 2019-20.pdf Please print registration form on legal paper.
For more information download a copy of the FLEX Program brochure or contact City Park School at 306-683-7550