The 2021/22 Registration Form is now available2021 Montessori.pdf.
Montessori philosophy and methodology is a unique approach to education.
Registration Process 2021-22
- Students with or without previous Montessori experience are welcome to register
- Previous Montessori experience is important and is an asset at the Upper Elementary (grades 4–6) and Middle Years levels (grades 7-8)
- SPS Montessori Registration forms must be completed and submitted before Monday, March 29.
*Late registrations will be considered if space remains in the program after the waiting list is exhausted
Random Selection (Lottery) of students will occur April 12
- Families will be notified of registration status one way or the other shortly after the lottery
- Registration forms need to be re-submitted on an annual basis
- Preference is given to all students who reside within city of Saskatoon limits
Montessori grade 1 will be an open lottery for all students regardless of previous school experience (Private or Public)
- Preference will be given to students who attend Saskatoon Public Schools for admission into the Montessori grades 2-8
Enrolment Limits and Random Selection Process:
City Park School has limited classroom space for expansion in 2021-22. If more students register for our Montessori Program than we are able to accommodate, the following process will be followed.
Selection of students through random selection (Lottery)
- As many students as possible will be accepted up to enrolment limits
- Each class will be determined through lottery in keeping with the following criteria:
- In order to maintain the integrity of the Montessori methodology, each class will maintain a majority of students with previous Montessori experience
- Age (grade) balance in each classroom when possible
- Consideration for siblings currently enrolled in the program (if possible)
- A waiting list at each age level will be established through the lottery process