Please join us!
A big hello/bonjour and a heartfelt welcome to all new families from your École River Heights School Community Council (SCC) members!
École River Heights School has a strong School Community Council. SCCs work with parents and community members to:
• share responsibility for the success and well-being of all children and youth; and,
• encourage parent, community and youth engagement in school planning and improvement.
The roles and responsibilities of SCCs include:
• encourage parent and community participation in education;
• developing a good understanding of their community including its needs, resources, supports and goals for student learning and well-being;
• cooperating with school staff to develop school-level plans;
• communicating annually with families and community members about their activities and accomplishments;
• accounting publicly for money they spend;
• participating in orientation, training, development and networking opportunities related to SCCs;
• upholding confidentiality; and,
• following legislation, regulations and board policies.
SCCs may also provide advice and recommendations to their boards of education, school staff and other organizations about the learning needs and well-being of students
SCC’s also allow for an opportunity for parents to get a chance to get to know teachers and each other
• ALL levels of participation are welcomed
• Childcare is provided by request
• There is NO requirement of commitment to attend a number of meetings or volunteer
• Meeting dates and times are posted in our newsletters and the school portal calendar
Join your School Community Council!