Skip to main content
Royal West Campus at Estey School
Inspiring Learning
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the age requirement to attend Royal West?
Students must be at least 18 years of age and no older than 21 years of age.
I don't have any high school credits.  Can I register?
Yes, we have a class called Pathways for students who are coming back to school to start fresh.  You will be registered as an Adult 12 student.
I am a high school graduate.  Can I upgrade at Royal West?
Absolutely!  We offer virtually every Gr. 12 (and some Gr. 11) course that you may need to either upgrade your existing mark or obtain a credit for a course not taken in high school.
When can I register and begin?
We have continuous enrolment from Sept. until the end of March. You must call and book an appointment to register. Please note that our campus is closed in July and the first three weeks of August.    
How many classes may I register in at one time?
Students may enroll in up to three classes at a given time depending on their availability to attend class.*
Are your classes semestered or quartered?
Royal West classes are non-semestered. We have continuous intake throughout the year until spring. 

What instruction method is used at Royal West?
Our classes are self-paced, independent learning. The teacher is in the classroom to provide you with course materials, answer questions and administer examinations.  It is more of a one-to-one approach.

 *Do I have to attend class?
Yes!  Students are expected to attend class on a regular basis and attendance is taken daily. If you are taking one class at a time, and have work commitments we do allow some flexibility but you must discuss your situation with your teacher.

English is not my first language.  May I register for Grade 12 classes?
Students must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents and have taken the Canadian Language Benchmark test with a score of 8 or higher to register at Royal West.

Where can I get a copy of my high school transcript?

To receive your official high school transcript you need to contact the Office of the Registrar at the Ministry of Education in Regina. Information and an online ordering and payment service is available on the ministry's website.

How much does it cost?

The cost is $25 for five or fewer copies.

Can my transcript be mailed directly to the university/technical college?

Transcripts (2 copies) are automatically sent electronically each business day by the Ministry of Education to the following institutions:

  • University of Regina
  • University of Saskatchewan
  • Saskatchewan Polytechnic (SIAST - all four campuses)
  • University of Alberta

All other transcripts must be sent through the mail or by expedited delivery if selected.