Study boreal forest ecology as you paddle through some of the world's most beautiful northern lakes. Immerse yourself in the natural history of the plains bison as you hike along side them in their historic grasslands. Experience ecological sustainability as you work along side some of our province's most innovative thinkers and discover the secrets of Saskatoon's past, present, and future through our study of urban geography.
You will discover a new level of confidence as you are engaged in a number of integrated research projects that lead to five regular Grade 11 credits in Environmental Science 20, English Language Arts 20, Geography 20, Physical Education 20, and Indigenous Studies 30.
Outdoor School Excursions
- Brightwater Science, Environmental and Indigenous Learning Centre – learn to camp, winter ecology
- Blue Mountain - Intro to Environmental Science, Geography & Indigenous Studies
- Shell Lake – sustainable living
- Urban Trek – urban geography
- Grasslands – grasslands ecology, hiking trip
- Churchill River – canoe trip, boreal geography & ecology
Not the outdoorsy type? No problem! Our course is designed to give you all the skills that you might require. We cover a range of outdoor training that includes how to dress for the outdoors, fire building, map & compass, survival skills, packing and much more! We also have all of the large specialized gear that you might require including canoes, paddles, PFDs, skis, snowshoes, large backpacks, sleeping bags, tents, and camp kitchens.