In 2014 Driver Education summer sessions will be held at Evan Hardy and Mount Royal Collegiates: July 2-15, 2014 and August 5-18. Each session will include ten days of 3-hour theory instruction (8:30 – 11:30 a.m.) in addition to simulators and in-car instruction scheduled by the instructor. A vision check will also be conducted during the two-week instruction period.
Prior to Summer Session:
- Students must apply for and secure a Customer Number and MySGI account at a SGI issuer; this must be done prior to applying for Driver Education summer session. (See SGI instructions below)
- Students must complete the online Summer Driver Ed application form and submit it before May 31, 2014 to be eligible for this year’s summer sessions.
*Please note: Students must be 15 years of age before the start date of the class.
- Students will receive a package containing The Driver’s Handbook and other pertinent information in the beginning of June. At that time, the Driver Ed Instructor or the Main Office staff in their school will notify them when and where the package will be available for pick up. Those who do not pick up the package by a deadline (TBA) will forfeit their spot to a student on the waiting list. Alternate arrangements will be made for students who are homeschooled.
- Students must study The Driver’s Handbook for the Class 7 learner’s exam which will be administered at the beginning of the class.
- Cancellations: if circumstances change and students find it necessary to withdraw their application for summer session, please notify Mr. Claffey, Manager: Driver Ed (306)683-8268.
An electronic copy of the application form for summer Driver Ed can be found below. Before completing the form be sure you are using Internet Explorer 8 or newer. If you do not receive a message saying the form was submitted, please check your email draft folder, some email providers create a draft that you need to open and send.
Please check back for the 2015 Summer School Driver Ed Application