Driver Education Summer Sessions will be held at Evan Hardy and Mount Royal Collegiates on July 6-17 and August 10-21, 2015. Each session will include ten days of 3-hour theory instruction (8:30–11:30 a.m.) in addition to simulators and in-car instruction scheduled by the instructor. A vision check will also be conducted during the two-week instruction period.
Prior to Summer Session:
- Before applying for Driver Ed Summer Session, the student must have a Saskatchewan Government MySGI account and Customer Number from any SGI agency.
- The student must be 15 years of age by the start date of the class.
- The Driver Ed Summer Session Application is to be completed and sent as an attachment in an email addressed to DriverEdServices@spsd.sk.ca
- When the application is received and processed, a confirmation email will be sent to the email address provided on the application form.
- In May, the Driver Ed Instructor or School Administration will announce or notify the student that a package containing The Driver’s Handbook and other pertinent information has arrived at the student’s school–the student must study this Handbook for the Class 7 Learner’s exam which will be administered at the beginning of Summer Session.
Students who do not pick up the package when notified will forfeit their spots to those on the waiting list. Alternate arrangements will be made in ensure homeschooled students receive their student packages.
Summer Session 2015 Deadline for Applications: April 15, 2015
Cancellations: if your circumstances change and it is necessary to withdraw your application for summer session, notify Mr. Claffey, Driver Ed Manager at (306)683-8268 or DriverEdServices@spsd.sk.ca