The Newcomer Student Centre provides families with a welcoming and supportive introduction to Saskatoon Public Schools.
Who should come to the Newcomer Student Centre?
- All students new to Saskatoon Public Schools who are not Canadian citizens
- Students and their families who are new to Saskatoon Public Schools AND who do not speak English as their first language, including First Nations, Inuit and Métis students.
What does the Newcomer Student Centre do?
- Introduces families to our schools
- helps register students in elementary and high schools
- Assesses EAL (English as an Additional Language) students' language skills
- Recommends support and programming for students needing EAL services.
The Newcomer Student Centre is located at 310 21st Street East. The Newcomer Student Centre is open from mid-August until the end of June. To book an appointment, please call 306-683-8400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For directions to the Newcomer Student Centre, click the link: Brochure_Newcomer_Student_Centre.pdf
To complete the registration, you will need to provide legal proof of your child’s name, date of birth, and citizenship status in Canada. The following documents are acceptable:
- Permanent resident card or Confirmation of Permanent Residence or Record of Landing
- Parent’s valid Work Permit or Study Permit