Dr. John G. Egnatoff School opened in 1988 and serves the Erindale and Arbor Creek communities in Saskatoon's northeast. Single-family dwellings are the dominant form of housing in both communities. Arbor Creek students are bused to our school.
Our school's student population is diverse. It is a beautiful mosaic representative of cultures from around the world. There are approximately 520 students enrolled at Dr. J.G. Egnatoff School.
We seek opportunities to engage in dynamic partnerships with the broader community. For example, one of our classrooms is utilized by the Erindale Cooperative Preschool. Additionally, the YMCA operates a Before and After School Program in our school.
Our parent community is very supportive and involved in their children's education and school. Our School Community Council (SCC) and Parent-School Committee are actively engaged as partners in building understanding within the community and in supporting student learning. Our students have been afforded countless educational opportunities and resources because of the hard work and generosity of parents who participate on our SCC and on our fundraising committee.
Why should you choose Dr. J.G. Egnatoff School?
Because . . .
- We are a public school, the foundation of democracy; we are open to all and celebrate all cultures!
- Our school is a safe and welcoming place: we actively and continuously provide quality instruction in social skill development and bullying prevention.
- Our staff and students are committed to being caring and hard-working.
- We boast an enhanced literacy program: powerful instructional strategies are used to promote literacy through all grade levels.
- We offer a variety of extracurricular programs to students; our students are active!
- Parents, and members of our staff, supervise our playground and lunch hour.
- Our school houses a Before and After School Care Program.
- "Hands-on" learning activities are available to all students - e.g., our school offers mathematics manipulatives to assist student learning and problem-solving; learning is supported by new instructional technology.
- We offer activities that emphasize the importance of family and provide opportunities for families to be together.
- Our students are assigned to Care Partner groups to build relationships and responsibility.
- Our Kindergarten classes are small to encourage strong learning relationships.
- We offer full-day/alternate day Kindergarten programs.
- We have an active and supportive SCC and Community Association!