Creative Action is a specialized, full-year program for Grade 8 students who have shown leadership potential and a desire to cultivate their passion in the arts to make a difference in their community and beyond. Students will collaborate with a variety of artists/partnerships throughout the city and province while working on Grade 8 curriculum in a creative, unique, and experiential classroom. Creative Action will nurture Saskatoon's next generation of local citizens, artists, and leaders.
By providing opportunities to explore, create, discover, and strengthen skills through Creative Action, students will:
- Be engaged citizens who understand their rights and responsibilities to use their voice and take action;
- Be confident leaders who connect with various communities in a meaningful way;
- Explore cultural contexts of artists/art forms to recognize the relevance and power of the arts; and,
- Respond and analyze communication within art to create informed points of view.
Creative Action will expand opportunities for creative expression, develop unique artistic voice, and challenge social justice issues in our community. Learning will be student-driven through an inquiry-based approach and be expressed both visually and through the performing arts. Artistic learning honours diversity, and Creative Action is for students who want to enhance their education by honing their skills in one or more strands of the arts (music, dance, drama, visual art) while being mentored by artistic leaders in our community.
Grade 7 students currently attending Saskatoon Public Schools are invited to apply for this opportunity.
Interested students and parents/guardians should attend the information evening via ZOOM on Wednesday, March 10, 2021, at 7 p.m. Email program teachers at email@example.com for an invitation and link to the event.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we have adjusted our application form to ensure the safety of all in our communities. Applications are due April 30, 2021, and can be submitted in a few ways:
- Complete the application online using by CLICKING HERE. This allows you to complete your application online. If your artistic expression is too large to upload via the online application, please contact CreativeAction@spsd.sk.ca.
- If you prefer to prepare a paper application, the application can be DOWNLOADED HERE. Please ensure all application requirements are complete. This application form can be printed, filled, scanned and sent to CreativeAction@spsd.sk.ca.
- You may be want to download the referral page separately to email to your referee. You can download the referral page only at THIS LINK.
- If necessary, the paper application can also be sent via Canada Post, school mail, or delivered to North Park Wilson School. Your artistic expression should be sent via email or delivered on a USB flash drive.
A program committee will adjudicate each applicant and successful candidates will be placed into a lottery.
For more information about Creative Action contact North Park Wilson School, email CreativeAction@spsd.sk.ca ordownload the program information sheet.