Our school motto is "excellence in all things", something all of us, students and staff, try to aspire to on a daily basis. Whether in the classroom, in extracurricular activities, or simply in our daily interaction at the school, we strive to attain a culture of individual and group excellence. With a school population of approximately 800 students, we strive to emphasize a personalized service that will ideally result in you excelling to the best of your ability.
In the academic realm, we are a school that, for over 40 years, has developed a strong reputation. Part of our academic excellence is found in unique and innovative programming. We are undoubtedly a city and provincial leader when it comes to exciting programming options that meet the diverse interests and needs of all students. In addition to the traditional core courses you would expect to find in a high school, we offer programming options like:
- Practical and Applied Arts Survey classes
- the only Spanish and Mandarin classes at Saskatoon Public Schools
- Integrated History and English, and Drama and English classes
- Photography and Graphic Arts
- an Academic Co-op Placement Program where students have opportunities to work at such places as the University of Saskatchewan's Canadian Light Source Synchrotron, the University's Western College of Veterinary Medicine, College of Law, and other areas of the University
- a Media School where students learn about the art of film making
- English as a Second Language/English as an Additional Language Supports
- an Autism/Aspergers Resource Centre
- an International Visa Student Program that sees us host students from around the world
- Advanced Placement course options
Our extracurricular programming is amazing. It is difficult not to be impressed by the wide array of talent that performs on stage here on a regular basis, and of all the city and provincial championships that Hardy has won and continues to win in a variety of sports.
In the social realm, we work with all students so that, regardless of your academic performance or your level of extracurricular involvement, you know that you are an integral part of the Hardy community. Each of our students is a true Hardy Soul when they respect each other, are committed to working hard and make a positive difference in our community.
Our school has a storied, impressive history. Our school has a bright, exciting future. With a fantastic student body (one we hope you join!), supportive parents and community, and a highly talented staff, we will continue to be a leader in the learning community of Saskatoon -- and the world.