We Grow Together, a partnership between Centennial Collegiate (through its Spirit of Youth club) and
Caswell Community School Grade 2 students, began three years ago with the goal(s) to:
- Create engaged citizens today and in the future by having students in both schools work together in a meaningful way using literacy as a common focus,
- Assess whether students who are exposed to social responsibility at a young age will be more likely to continue this socially responsible behavior,
- Demystify the transition between elementary school and secondary school by establishing strong ties with caring individuals at both schools,
- Create strong positive relationships between secondary and elementary students, and
- Provide leadership/mentorship opportunities for Spirit of Youth secondary students.
Susan Pattison, principal of Caswell Community School and Tom Sargeant, principal of Centennial
Collegiate, addressed trustees and introduced students and staff from each of their respective learning communities who have made the We Grow Together partnership possible.