Kindergarten is a special time and place in the life of a young child. Saskatoon Public Schools are open to all children and dedicated to embracing every student in a safe and welcoming environment. We understand the importance of early learning and literacy. Our kindergarten classes are small to encourage individualized education and include a strong literacy component. When it comes to supporting literacy, Saskatoon Public Schools is a leader! We also offer
kindergarten in nine of our elementary schools.
If your child will be five years old by January 31, 2023, they can start kindergarten in September 2022. To choose the right English, French immersion, Cree language or Métis cultural kindergarten for your child, we invite you to contact our schools for more information.
- For more information on registration, click
- To view our kindergarten brochure, click here.
- To help prepare children for kindergarten, view our Welcome to Kindergarten activity book here.
Saskatoon Public Schools offers the following kindergarten options. Please check with the school to confirm program offerings.
Half-day, every day kindergarten
- Offered at the following schools: Brevoort Park, Caswell, College Park, Fairhaven, Greystone Heights, Holliston, James L. Alexander, Lakeridge, Lakeview, Lester B. Pearson, Online Learning Centre (English), Prince Philip, Princess Alexandra, Queen Elizabeth, Roland Michener, Saskatoon Misbah, Silverwood Heights, Sutherland and Westmount.
Full-day, alternating day kindergarten
- Offered at the following schools: Alvin Buckwold, Brunskill, Buena Vista, Caroline Robins, Charles Red Hawk, Chief Whitecap*, Colette Bourgonje, College Park, Dr. John G. Egnatoff, Dundonald, Ernest Lindner*, Forest Grove, Henry Kelsey (French immersion only), Howard Coad, Hugh Cairns V.C., John Lake, King George, Lawson Heights, Montgomery, North Park Wilson, Pleasant Hill, River Heights, Silverspring, Sylvia Fedoruk, Victoria (French immersion only), wâhkôhtowin, Wildwood, Willowgrove and W.P. Bate.
*Chief Whitecap and Ernest Lindner schools have closed enrollment boundaries. Please contact the schools for more information.
Full-day, everyday kindergarten
- Supported by the Saskatoon Public Schools Foundation's
Early Learning Equal Start program, full-day, everyday kindergarten is offered at the following schools: Brownell (NEW), Caroline Robins, Caswell, Fairhaven (two classes), Howard Coad, King George, Lester B. Pearson, Mayfair, North Park Wilson, Pleasant Hill, Sutherland, Vincent Massey, wâhkôhtowin and W.P. Bate.
Note: Students who reside within the school catchment area will receive first consideration.
French immersion kindergarten
French immersion kindergarten is offered at the following schools: Alvin Buckwold, Dundonald, College Park, Forest Grove, Henry Kelsey, Lakeview, Online Learning Elementary, River Heights, Silverspring and Victoria.
Métis/Michif perspective kindergarten
Nêhiyâwiwin Cree Language and Culture kindergarten
Montessori Casa kindergarten
Montessori Casa kindergarten classroom is offered at Lakeridge School, beginning in September 2022.
Nature-based/outdoor learning kindergarten
- Kindergarten in a nature-based classroom with an outdoor learning focus is offered at
Buena Vista and
Lawson Heights schools.
A Day in the Life of a Kindergarten Student
Kindergarten is the first step in a 13-year relationship with a student. This introduction to school builds the foundation for learning. Experience one day in the life of a kindergarten student as they begin their learning journey.
Bienvenue to Kindergarten
Saskatoon Public Schools' French Immersion program is designed for students whose first language is not French. In kindergarten, French is the primary language of instruction and communication in the school setting to enable students to acquire functional language skills.