Quick facts about Saskatoon Public Schools
Saskatoon Public Schools is the largest school division in the province. We have 49 elementary schools and 10 secondary schools, along with one associate school and one alliance school. The school division serves more than 26,000 students, and employs 2,500 professional and support staff. We are open to all children and youth so they may discover, develop and act upon their potential, thereby enriching their lives and our community. We envision a learning community that is caring, committed to celebrating diversity and respected for its focus on learning. We believe that learning has the power to build confidence and inspire hope.
The Saskatoon Public Schools' Advantage
- Public schools are the foundation of a democratic society. People of all faiths and beliefs can attend our schools, teach in our schools, vote for our trustees, and serve on our Board.
- We are leaders in literacy. Saskatoon Public Schools is equipping students for success in a world that demands highly literate citizens.
- We are making a bold commitment to improve the learning in our collegiates by strengthening relationships between staff and students. Our students are acquiring the skills they need to be successful in the 21st century.
- Public schools are multi-cultural and multi-faith. All faiths are celebrated in our schools. No one faith is given primacy over the others.
- We believe that education is a partnership between staff, students, parents and the community.
- Our variety of programs is second to none. We offer programs to meet the needs, interests and aspirations of our students.
- We have a history of innovation. We offer highly innovative programs and we've been recognized with provincial and national awards.
- We are improving the transition between secondary and post-secondary education with expanded partnerships with post-secondary institutions.
- People of all faiths and cultures work in Saskatoon Public Schools. We can and do hire the very best.