Kindergarten is a special time and place in the life of a young child. Saskatoon Public Schools are open to all children and dedicated to embracing every student in a safe and welcoming environment. We understand the importance of early learning and literacy. Our Kindergarten classes are small to encourage individualized education and include a strong literacy component. When it comes to supporting literacy, Saskatoon Public Schools is a leader! We offer French Immersion Kindergarten in nine of our elementary schools.
If your child will be five years old by January 31, 2022, your child can start Kindergarten in September 2021. To choose the right English, French Immersion, Cree language, or Métis cultural Kindergarten for your child, we invite you to bring your child to contact our schools for more information.
Find our registration form and additional information about registering your child for school here.
Saskatoon Public Schools offers the following Kindergarten options. Please check with the school to confirm program offerings:
- Half-day, every day Kindergarten at: Brevoort Park, Caswell, College Park, Fairhaven, Greystone Heights, Holliston, James L. Alexander, Lakeridge, Lakeview, Lester B. Pearson, Prince Philip, Princess Alexandra, Queen Elizabeth, Roland Michener, Saskatoon Misbah, Silverwood Heights, Sutherland, and Westmount schools;
- Full-day, alternating day Kindergarten at: Alvin Buckwold, Brownell, Brunskill, Buena Vista, Caroline Robins, Charles Red Hawk, Chief Whitecap*, Colette Bourgonje, College Park, Dr. John G. Egnatoff, Dundonald, Ernest Lindner*, Forest Grove, Henry Kelsey (French immersion only), Howard Coad, Hugh Cairns V.C., John Lake, King George, Lawson Heights, Montgomery, North Park Wilson, Pleasant Hill, River Heights, Silverspring, Sylvia Fedoruk, Victoria (French immersion only), wâhkôhtowin, Wildwood, Willowgrove, and W.P. Bate schools;
- Beginning with the 2021-22 school year a full-day, every day Kindergarten class supported by the Saskatoon Public Schools Foundation's Early Learning Equal Start program will be offered at Caroline Robins, Caswell, Fairhaven, Howard Coad, King George, Lester B. Pearson, Mayfair, North Park Wilson, Pleasant Hill, Princess Alexandra, Sutherland, Vincent Massey, wâhkôhtowin, and W.P. Bate schools. Students who reside within the school catchment area will receive first consideration;
- Beginning with the 2021-22 school year a full-day, every day Kindergarten class supported by the Métis Nation–Saskatchewan at Westmount Community School;
- French Immersion Kindergarten programs are offered at Alvin Buckwold, Dundonald, College Park, Forest Grove, Henry Kelsey, Lakeview, River Heights, Silverspring and Victoria;
- Nêhiyâwiwin Cree Language and Culture Kindergarten Program at wâhkôhtowin School; and
- Métis Cultural Program at Westmount Community School.
* Two schools -- Chief Whitecap and Ernest Lindner -- have closed enrollment boundaries. Please contact the school for more information.
To view our Kindergarten brochure, click here.
To help prepare children for Kindergarten, view our Welcome to Kindergarten Activity Book here